Are you ready to answer your door the smart way? If yes, this review is for you. Like everything else, doorbells are becoming smart. Today, they come with a variety of features such as live video streaming, home automation compatibility, and two-way talk. With the many confusing options in the market, this review provides you with a list of four of the best smart doorbell cameras in the market.
1. Ring Video Doorbell For Best Overall
When you think about doorbell cameras, the first thing that comes to mind will be the Ring Doorbell. This is because the device has been branded as the number one in best in class technology, DIY setup, and affordable services and products.
Besides, the video doorbell will allow you to see, hear, and speak the person that is at your front door. These devices are also very compatible with most tablets, computers, and smartphones. Also, the Ring doorbell is easy to install.
All you need are some DIY skills and you can install the device yourself. It will only take you about 15 minutes. Additionally, the device will work in just about any home since it can be operated by hardwire or by a battery.
The Ring doorbell is very durable. They also have features such as motion detection, two-way talk, and night vision. These devices have been certified for outdoor use. However, the battery life on the device is not that great. The battery has an average life of 12 months.
You can also select one of the four video doorbells that Ring offers, these include Video doorbell, Video doorbell pro, Video doorbell 2, and Video doorbell elite.
· Installation is easy
· Motion detection
· There are several modes available
· The device is waterproof, durable, and weatherproof
· Can be operated on a battery or hard wired installation
· Battery life is short
· The audio is poor
· There is no PC web browser support
· There is no on-demand video
· There is no free cloud storage
2. Zmodo Greet Doorbell For Best Variety
If you want a doorbell that will give you variety then go no further than the Zmodo doorbell. Besides, the doorbell also offers free cloud storage, simple plug, and play setup, and a generous 60-day money-back guarantee.
The company has already sold 8 million products in the last decade within the smart home market. This is probably because it offers high-quality products and at an affordable price. The popularity of Zmodo has even seen the product on the Harry Show.
Additionally, Zmodo is among the few smart home equipment organizations that own both their user experience and hardware end to end. The installation process is also easy. All you need to do is connect the doorbell to your home’s current wiring.
You should then download the free app and follow the instructions. Do this while you have connected the doorbell to your Wi-Fi service. The installation process will be over in a few minutes.
You can also buy different types of Zmodo smart doorbells. They include the Greet Smart Doorbell, the Greet Select Smart Doorbell, the Greet Pro Smart Doorbell, the Greet HD Smart Doorbell, and Greet 1.0 Smart Doorbell. All these types are durable and waterproof.
· Audio is two way
· Smart motion detection
· Voice messages are recorded when you can’t answer a call
· Cloud storage is either free or paid
· Automatic night vision with the built-in infrared LED light sensor
· HD video and 10-minute audio clip recordings
· Alerts are real-time
· Pan feature that allows an adjustable viewing angle
· Can be used by multiple people
· Security screw will keep the doorbell mounted on the wall
· Not compatible with other smart home devices
· No wireless option
3. SkyBell HD Doorbell For Best Free Storage
If you love fancy things, then the SkyBell doorbell will be the perfect fit for you. It offers numerous fancy features. These include HD 1080p video, third party integration, and night vision. Also, the real-time alerts will keep you notified of what is happening outside your house.
This makes this device one of the best in the market. Other features of SkyBell include motion detection and free video storage. Additionally, if the doorbell is stolen, the company will replace it for no cost.
SkyBell has an app that will provide you with a detailed history report for daily activities. Hence, you will view any missed visitor. Also, the quiet mode will ensure your family members are asleep when a visitor comes at night.
However, the device requires a hard-wired connection. This means that it does not provide a wireless battery operated version.
· Compatible with many apps and devices
· Rugged waterproof design
· The app interface is straightforward
· Upscale looking finishes are available
· Has quiet mode
· DIY installation is simple
· Resolution is excellent
· Response time is prompt
· Cloud storage is free
· The internet browser support is not available
· It only has hard-wired version
4. Simplisafe Video Doorbell For Best Affordable Integration
If you want style, then select Simplisafe. It is a stylish doorbell that has many great features. First, the setup process for Simplisafe is easy. The device also has a full HD image quality. Besides, the Better Business Bureau rating for the device is an A+.
This is why the doorbell is very popular in the market. Two primary features make Simplisafe standout. These include the motion sensors and the built-in heat that support human motion detection and heat signatures respectively.
Hence, the device will only send you alerts if it detects a human. It also offers a live video feed for talking with visitors remotely on your smartphone. Simplisafe has a WR code that connects the device to your Wi-Fi without the need for you to do anything other than capture the code.
· Offers 60-day risk-free trial
· Has a door chime
· Audio is two way
· Has intelligent deal sensor trigger and motion sensors
· Has a wide-angle HDR video imaging
· The installation process is easy
· Has pan and zoom
· Has infrared night vision
· Has remote control
· Offers activity alerts without a doorbell ring
· Needs Wi-Fi connection
· No free cloud video storage
· Needs wiring